Saturday, May 17, 2014

Passive Voice

Choose the correct option of these famous movie quotes in passive voice:

1. "Houston, we've had a problem." (Apollo 13)
    a) Houston, a problem is being had.
    b) Houston, a problem has been had. 
    c) Houston, a problem is going to be had.

2. "I see dead people." (The Sixth Sense)
    a) Dead people are seen by me. 
    b) Dead people will be seen by me.
    c) Dead people are being seen by me.

3. "We'll always have Paris." (Casablanca)
    a) Paris will always be had by us. 
    b) Paris has always been had by us.
    c) Paris is always being had by us.

4. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." (The Godfather)
    a) He could have been made an offer by me that couldn’t have been refused by him.
    b) He should be made an offer by me that shouldn’t be refused by him.
    c) He is going to be made an offer by me that can't be refused by him. 

5. "They may take our lives, but they will never take... our FREEDOM!" (Braveheart)
    a) Our lives may be taken, but our FREEDOM is being taken!
    b) Our lives may be taken, but our FREEDOM has to be taken!
    c) Our lives may be taken, but our FREEDOM will never be taken! 

6. "You're going to need a bigger boat." (Jaws)
    a) A bigger boat was being needed.
    b) A bigger boat is going to be needed. 
    c) A bigger boat was needed.


1 comment: