Sunday, March 23, 2014

GERUNDS AND INFINITIVES

 
       Choose the correct answer.
1.    We're really looking forward to ______ you. 
a)    See
b)    Seeing 
c)    a) and b) are correct
2.    His problem _______ a new job was his lack of experience.
a)    To find
b)    Finding 
c)    Find
3.    I always _______ before going to bed. 
a)    Read 
b)    Reading
c)    To read
4.    I'm glad ______ you. 
a)    See
b)    Seeing
c)    To see 
5.    Stop ________ the television.
a)    Watching
b)    To watch
c)    a) and b) are correct 
6.    I enjoy _________ to music. 
a)    Listen
b)    Listening 
c)    To listen
7.    I can't afford ________ a new car.
a)    To buy 
b)    Buy
c)    Buying
8.    Last summer we decided _________ to the beach
a)     Going
b)     Go
c)     To go 
9.    I like _________ with my family
a)    Travelling 
b)    To travel
c)    Travel
10.  I would like ________ Paris the next month.
a)    Visit
b)    Visiting
c)    To visit 

1 comment: